How Do You Reserve a Property if You are Approved?
Tandem does not reserve a property for an applicant. The only way to reserve a property is to have your application processed, approved, and then pay the earnest money which will be credited towards your security deposit and administrative fee in the event a lease is signed. The fastest way to get through the application process and reserve a property is:
- Have your government issues ID photo and pet photo (if allowed) ready to upload before begin applying.
- Have your income or financial information as PDF(s) or picture(s) ready to upload before you begin applying.
- Notify your current and prior landlord that you have applied and you will need their assistance.
- If you are approved, you will then pay the earnest money which, in the event a lease is signed, will be credited towards the $100 administrative fee and your security deposit. You will need to pay online via bank transfer or via cashier’s check or money order.
- Once we receive earnest money, the property will be removed from the market and the drafting of your lease will begin. Earnest money and the administrative charge are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you change your mind, Tandem will keep the earnest money as compensation for damages for removing the property from the market and losing other potential applicants. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Return the lease signed by all parties within 5 business days of when you receive the lease. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE INFORMATION BELOW.